Friday, May 27, 2011

Small Glitch

I woke up today feeling good. It was early (6:30 am) so being anxious to get up and looking good for the roving chemo team I bounded with my tower to the bathroom to freshen up. I felt so good after that I did some of my Pilates mat exercises on the bed, followed by the light leg work I do with ankle weights for my operated leg.

Team came around....liked how well I looked and declared me fit to go home at 6pm when chemo is completed....yay!

Half an hour later comes a glitch. It seems that my hemoglobin level is at 7.7 and is supposed to be at least 11.7-13.7 so blood transfusions are necessary before I can leave.
I was of course so disappointed, as they were unclear as to whether I could receive the blood with the Chemo which could have kept me here an additional four hours tonight after 6pm.....do the math!

Happily I can report they are transfusing me as I type and will be blood fortified by 4pm so I Can depart this evening as scheduled.

I must confess, I did have to hold back a few tears when I thought I was going to be held here late into the night. Even Virgo Warriors start to hit the wall every now and then during such a big adventure! Rest assured, I am back and ready two roar :)

2 comments:

  1. Even Virgo Warriors are allowed to feel disappointed. Glad to hear it worked out. Have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me...and inspire me. Big love to you, great warrior. A warrior, to me, is one that can be with each moment as it comes along...and yes, we all have moments that are hard to be with, but you seem to rise to them and open your tender heart to them. thank you.

    ReplyDelete