Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Got A Bed!

The good news is that I was called before lunch time and informed that there was a bed for me!

My friend, Donna, was able to give me a ride as Paul had meetings already scheduled today so getting me back to Moffitt was going to be a big problem. Nothing comes easy with this cancer dance and trying to maintain a normal life schedule.

Check in at admissions totally uneventful and the room was ready as soon as I got to the fifth floor.....yippee!!!!

Of course I should have known it was going too smoothly and something was bound to occur.

I developed a little clot in my port and so when they tried to access it no blood flow would come out. Two nurses looked at it and decided the port needed to have Heprin injected into it to dissolve the clot....makes me think of Liquid Plumber. So this takes an hour to work which means my Chemo cannot begin until this problem is resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment